Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, has today (June 30th, 2022) reminded community groups to submit their applications for the new €15 million Community Centre Investment Fund.
The Fund, which is the first of its kind, will provide grants of between €10,000 and €300,000 for the upgrade and refurbishment of community centres in both urban and rural areas.
Hundreds of community groups across the country have already attended online information clinics organised by the Department of Rural and Community Development since Minister Humphreys launched the Fund in April.
And the Minister is today urging interested groups to submit their applications before the closing date of 14th July, 2022 at 3pm.
Full details are available at https://www.gov.ie/en/service/fec91-community-centres-investment-fund/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/communitycentresfund/
Commenting today, Minister Humphreys said:
“Right across the country, there has been a huge interest shown in the new €15 million Community Centre Investment Fund.
“Today, I’m reminding interested groups that there is now just two weeks to go for them to submit their applications.
“I believe this initiative will have a hugely positive impact in communities the length and breadth of the country.
“It will provide communities in both rural and urban areas with the support they need to upgrade and renovate their local community centre.
“For any community group that still has questions about their applications, I’m urging you today to attend the final online information clinic which is taking place on Monday, July 11th.”
The Department of Rural and Community Development Press Office
01-773 6843 / 087-1734633
Notes to editors:
The Community Centres Investment Fund will provide grants for larger projects, over €10,000 up to a maximum contribution of €300,000 towards capital costs.
- Category 1: Small scale projects/improvements to facilities €10,000 - €25,000
- Category 2: Larger scale projects €25,001 to €100,000
- Category 3: Major projects €100,001 to €300,000
Applications under Category 2 and 3 must include a minimum contribution of 5% of the total project costs from the applicants own funds.
Funding is available for capital works such as:
- works to improve communal facilities such as kitchen and toilet facilities
- energy retrofitting, new windows / doors / heating systems
- upgrades to lighting systems and stage areas
- works to address safety concerns, including as a result of fire safety audits
- works to improve disability access
- improvements to assist in providing additional or better services to the community such as Meals for the elderly and youth facilities
- works to develop Community Centres as Social Hubs through the development of Community Cinemas, Youth Hubs and Community Libraries
- essential maintenance works, repairs to roof, and so on
Fund guidelines and a sample application form are available to view at https://www.gov.ie/en/service/fec91-community-centres-investment-fund/
The Department has hosted a number of information sessions and support clinics since the fund was launched. The final support clinic will take place on Monday 11th July 2022 from 12.30 to 2.00 pm and groups must register here to attend.
A video of the previous information session along with instructional videos to assist groups with the online portal and the application form are also available on the Department’s website.
Community Groups are urged submit their application well in advance of the closing date to avoid any possible issues
Groups can submit any queries to CCIF@drcd.gov.ie