The Minister for Social Protection, Heather Humphreys, TD, today welcomed the outcome of the biggest expansion of employment services in decades.
Minister Humphreys published the names of the 17 preferred bidders for the new Intreo Partners Local Area Employment Services.
All 17 successful bidders are from the community and voluntary sector, the Minister has confirmed.
This is phase two of the procurement process, covering 19 counties.
Phase One was rolled out earlier this year covering seven counties in the Midlands and North-West.
The results of the Intreo Partners Local Area Employment Service procurement mean,
- All 17 preferred bidders are from the community and voluntary sector,
- An almost doubling of funding to community & voluntary employment services
- From €21 million in 2021 to €39 million (€47 million inclusive of VAT)
- The State-wide expansion of employment services to those most distant from the labour market;
- If current local providers’ performance levels continue, investment across all lots will increase.
Making the announcement, Minister Humphreys said:
“I am pleased today to announce the details of what is one of the biggest expansions of employment services in decades.
“The standard of the bids submitted for all of the new Intreo Partners Local Area Employment Services was impressive. I’m pleased to confirm that all 17 of the successful bidders are from the community and voluntary sector.
“My Department’s emphasis on demonstrating an ability to deliver quality services to long-term unemployed people and others, is reflected in the results.
“The outcome of the procurement represents a funding increase to the Community and Voluntary Sector from €21 million to €39 million.
“This represents a substantial increase by Government in the provision of employment services delivered by local community-based providers.
“The Labour Market is performing strongly at the moment and I know these local services will work passionately to support and assist vulnerable groups and those distant from the workforce into employment.”
The preferred bidders for the complementary Intreo Partners National Employment Service were also informed today of their successful bids. The Department of Social Protection will now engage with all preferred bidders with a view to signing contracts and commencing services to those most distant from the labour market at the earliest opportunity.
The new Intreo Partners Services will for the first time provide a structured pathway through the Department’s service for long term unemployed people and other cohorts, ensuring they receive the service that they need at the right time in their return to the workforce.
The Intreo Partners National Employment Service will primarily provide services to people between 12 and 24 months unemployed. The Intreo Partners Local Area Employment Services will provide support to those most distant from the labour market. These new services are core elements of the Public Employment Service and supplements the Departments own Intreo employment service capacity.
Notes for the Editors:
The Preferred bidders for the new Intreo Partners Local Area Employment Service are:
- Cork City Partnership (Sub Contractors – SECAD Partnership, Avondhu Blackwater Partnership, BallyHoura Development CLG and IRD Duhallow)
- Partnership (Sub Contractors – Clare LDC, North Tipp Development Company, Ballyhoura Development and West Limerick Resources)
- North East & West Kerry Development (Sub Contractor – South Kerry Development Partnership)
- Monaghan Integrated Development (Sub Contractor – Cavan County Local Development)
- Louth Leader Partnership (Sub Contractor – Meath Community, Rural and Social Development Partnership)
- Waterford Leader Partnership. (Sub Contractor – South Tipp CLG and Waterford Are Partnership)
- Wexford Local Development
- Kilkenny Leader Partnership
- Galway City Partnership
- Mayo North East LEADER Partnership (Sub Contractor – South West Mayo Development Company and Roscommon Leader Partnership)
- Bray Area Partnership (Sub Contractor – Kildare Local Employment Service)
- Empower Local Development (Sub Contractor – Dublin NorthWest Partnership)
- Southside Partnership.
- Northside Partnership
- South Dublin County Partnership
- Ballymun Job Centre
- Ballyfermot Chapelizod Partnership (Sub Contractor – Dublin South City Partnership)